Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Made for Each Other

Three years ago today I married my best friend. It was an amazing wedding and a really fun night. But, I'll tell you what's crazy about the whole "marriage" thing... it started off fantastic and has only gotten better!

Clark and I often talk about how lucky we are to have found each other. We really have tons in common. Politics, interests, food, etc.

We are so lucky because I love, love, love going to sporting events with Clark. We enjoy doing that together. But, Clark is so well-rounded... he enjoys the arts and will go to any musical or play I want to see. We enjoy doing that together, too. Seriously, how many people can say that about their spouse?!

And, here's the even more fun part, we continue to learn about ourselves and each other.

When we got married, we both knew we wanted children. That was the easy part. But, what we didn't know was our parenting styles. How could we know? Now we have a precious son and come to find out... our parenting styles are perfectly in line. How awesome is that??

I've always begged Clark to tell me when he knew he loved me. (In fact, this was the subject of his speech at our rehearsal dinner) He says there wasn't "one" moment, his love just grew over time. I know exactly what he means even though I do have a few moments that stand out to me. But, I have to share one funny story...

It was the summer after we started dating in December, so we had been together for maybe 6ish months. We were hanging out in the pool at his house. Clark would always put on his huge cd changer (there were hundreds of cds in that thing) and I would hear some strange music. Anyway, there we are laying on rafts, relaxing when suddenly Ewan McGregor and Nicole Kidman are singing. Yep, Ewan and Nicole... singing... from Moulin Rouge. One of my favorite movies of all time. I realized that Clark OWNED the soundtrack from Moulin Rouge. I told him that day... "you are either gay or my soul mate."

I'm happy to report, the answer was soul mate!

Clark, I love you more today than I did on our wedding day and more than yesterday!

No comments: