Sunday, October 19, 2008

Football and Fashion

In case I didn't already know, I have figured out that this is my favorite time of year. The weather is beautiful and we had another great weekend of college football.

Again, I find myself wanting to blog about college football. But, I have good reason. Clark and I just got home from Austin. We were just two of the more than 98,000 strong at the Texas/Missouri game last night.



It was quite a game... the Longhorns really look like the number one team in the country. It was fun and exciting to watch.

But, there's more to this blog than just college football. It's also about fashion. As I mentioned in earlier posts... it's been hard for me to get on board with the burnt orange. I mean, I do bleed purple. But, over the last couple of years, I've given in and worn the orange to a few games. Well, earlier this year I made a comment to Clark that I wouldn't be able to wear orange this season because I'm pregnant and my little t-shirts won't fit. That was just a silly statement. Look at this:




You see, UT is a marketing machine. Yes, that says, "Future Longhorn Arriving Soon". Clark bought a second shirt for me that says, "Everybody Loves a Texas Baby". Also, I have to mention... Clark went out and bought both of these shirts on his own. It was very sweet.

So, both of these shirts are really cute and I just couldn't let UT out do TCU, so while we were in Fort Worth last month, we ran by the TCU bookstore. I looked around for the "maternity" section, but couldn't find it. So, I asked, "are there any maternity shirts?". The answer... no. That's right, TCU doesn't make them. Don't get me wrong, I have plenty of TCU t-shirts that will still fit me, but it just isn't the same as one that says, "Future Horned Frog Arriving Soon". Very disappointing.

But, enough about disappointing fashion... something that isn't disappointing at all... the Frogs' victory over BYU on Thursday night. They looked great and dominated the #8 team in the country. They announced the BCS rankings for the first time today. The Frogs are #14!! For a non-BCS conference, that's pretty good! I'm not getting ahead of myself, but I will mention, if the Frogs end the season in the top 12 they would get invited to a BCS bowl... wow, I won't even let myself think about it. Also, worth mentioning... the Longhorns are #1.




Maybe that's why they have a heck of a marketing team.

No comments: