Clark and Walker went to Lufkin for a "man" weekend and Everly went to visit Bunny and RayRay... the perfect setting for eight college buddies to talk about the old days and catch up on each other's lives!
It played out that way for most of the day, but soon after we sat down to dinner my mom texted me that Everly had a 104.6 fever. Not the news I wanted to hear. But, guess what... there was a RN and the wife of a paramedic at the table. These girls went into action. I'm not going to give the play by play, but after the fever didn't come down with Motrin, Bunny and RayRay were bringing Everly to meet me at the ER. My sweet friend Tiffany is super calm... she jumped up from the table and drove me. We didn't get to enjoy our wonderful meal. In fact, I didn't get to finish my martini. Tragic. But, I'm happy to report, I was able to eat both of my blue cheese stuffed olives. Leaving those uneaten really would have been tragic!
All kidding aside... I really hate that the evening didn't go the way it was supposed to... a girls' night out is always so fun and so needed. But, these girls are the best. They prayed with me and were so understanding of the crappy circumstances. . Do you think that's why we've all been friends for 16 years??? I do. We are so lucky.
Here's the Everly update... after a few hours in the ER, it's just a virus. The high fever can come and go for several days. I hope it gets out of her system soon, because she's miserable. But, I give her credit, she pulled out all the stops.... I think she really wanted to be a part of our ZTA weekend!
Bunny and RayRay were wonderful. Bunny was really looking forward to having some girl time with Everly by herself... but, I'm pretty sure they didn't sign up to be in the ER until 1am. But, they did it! Thank you!
I have a few pictures to share.
| Amy, Tiffany, Tinsley, Maren, Sara, Ashley and Kate. The pool looks good with these girls! |
| Seriously, how hot is this Mama of three?! |
| Love these girls. I'm so glad we got this picture BEFORE the drama! |
| Yep, I still had the camera to document the ER. Everly was feeling better! |
1 comment:
Hope she feels better really soon! Thanks for hosting Deana - it was fabulous (minus that little side trip to the ER!)
Post a Comment