Tuesday, March 18, 2014

She Has His Heart

I've mentioned it before, but it's worth mentioning again.  Debra has a very special place in our family.  She and Taylor are a part of us.  And, nobody knows that better than Walker.  Debra is his girlfriend and she has his heart.

I was getting ready for our dinner party last week and told him that Debra would be coming over.  He was thrilled.  The day before I got some flowers to put on my beautiful table.  Walker said, "I want to get Debra some flowers."  So, I told him we could do that because I knew I had to make a HEB run anyway.  

So, that morning, we walk in the store and he immediately went to the flowers and started looking around.  He was very serious about this big decision.  Finally, he walked over to some red carnations and said, "I want to get these for Debra."  

It was 100% his idea and so very precious. 

Everyone arrived and the flowers were on the kitchen counter.  And, of course, everyone was standing around in the kitchen.  Walker didn't want to come grab them in front of everyone, so he told Debra, "I got you some flowers".  I think that's so cute!  Eventually, I got the flowers and gave them to Walker and he presented them to his girl:



I told Taylor, he might have a little competition!  This is such a precious relationship and I am so thankful that Debra is a part of my boy's life.

When she got home, she sent me this picture to show her boyfriend:


Her special flowers, in a pretty vase.  Someday, (in a long, long, very long time) Walker will fall in love.  I hope he finds a girl as special as Debra and remembers to buy her flowers!

No comments: