Sunday, August 4, 2013

No More Babies

I can't even tell you how many times I've said, "wow, the kids are so grown up" or "huh, I didn't realize they could do that" lately.

It's a fact.... we don't have babies anymore.  We have big kids.

Truly, the seem so grown up.  From what they are saying, to how tall they are, to being able to swim, climb, etc.

We went to the water park at Villa this weekend and they were almost completely independent.  Obviously we kept our eyes on them at all times, but we didn't have to follow up the stairs or wait at the bottom of the slide.  How did that happen????

There's a part of me that is a little sad about this, but mostly, I'm excited about the future.  Think about how much more fun we will have on vacations!  So many of our friends went to Disney this summer.... I CAN. NOT. WAIT to take Walker and Everly back.  It will be a ball.  (We're thinking Disneyland next summer!)

I'm sure part of this new reality is that Everly is potty trained.  I gotta say, it's really, really nice to not have to carry diapers anywhere.  And, the no swimmy diapers.... amazing!  And, just to update you on my big girl... ZERO accidents.  She's still wearing a pull up for nap time and bed time, but she is dry every single time when she wakes up.  Those pull ups will be gone in no time. (Mommy is ready to get rid of them now, but E isn't so sure)

Next week we are going to San Antonio.  I'm so excited to take them to SeaWorld and enjoy the hotel pool.  And, speaking of being all grown up... I was telling Walker about the whales that we will see. This was our conversation....

Me: "Walker, do you know what a whale is?  Do you want to see a big black and white one?"
Walker:  "A black and white one.... I think you mean an orca whale."

What?!??  

See what I mean?  No more babies.

No comments: